We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager for our RED Control Plane team who will plan and oversee the successful delivery of the RED product line.
As the Manager, you will direct a world-wide multi-site team (i.e. India, US and Europe). The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of planning and execution of releases and roadmaps, ensuring field issues are resolved it in a timely fashion.
Candidates must have a strong understanding of the agile development methodology and associated tools and be able to direct multiple teams focused on multiple projects simultaneously.
For this position the main roles will be to:
- Coordinate the definition and implementation of the RED REST API allowing to configure, deploy and manage the RED solution on premises and on cloud.
- Coordinate the definition and implementation of a full Control Plane set of service for a storage defined solution including security, load balancing and analysis.
- Coordinate the system tools definition and implementation providing interaction with the storage deployments to perform analytics and provide value-added services to customers and users.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Manage a team of software engineers that design, implement and test RED product.
- Own the technical activities for your team, set priorities, remove impediments, and help your organization operate efficiently and reach its full potential.
- Provide management leadership, define and track tasks, dependencies, priorities, milestones, deliverables, and risks. Coordinate with Product Mgmt on requirements. Escalate unresolved issues to management.
- Represent the team, take ownership and drive initiatives and process improvements.
- Evaluate the team’s workload and recommend load balancing and technical guidance.
- Assess and recruit new talent as necessary. Train, mentor, and foster the growth of team members' careers.
- Work closely with program management in the successful delivery of product releases.
- Provide regular reports on project progress and team activities.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 10% of the time for team meetings.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering or related discipline) or comparable experience is required; master’s degree in relevant field or MBA a plus.
- At least 7+ years of management of software development teams and relevant years of project management experience:
- Knowledge of REST API
- 5+ years of software development experience in developing with Go and/or Python
- The ideal candidate has knowledge of and hands-on experience in at least one of the following subjects:
- Knowledge of development or utilization of control or data plane API for systems' management.
- Knowledge of configuration and deployment large systems on cloud or on premise.
- Knowledge of deployment on VMs and containers.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience with all phases of the development life cycle.
- Experience with agile development processes and scrum teams. Experience with agile project management software (e.g. Jira (both kanban & scrum projects)).
- Demonstrable experience with formal project and program management methodology for complete software development lifecycle (both waterfall and agile), techniques and tools (including MS Project – advanced experience is preferred).
- Ability to develop tools to automate data collection and reporting programs is a plus.