UI/UX Senior Lead Designer
DDN’s Next Generation Data Services Platform is a game changing data management platform which will offer an intelligent resource management and orchestration layer, real time analytics capabilities, and an intuitive mobile-device-era user experience
We are looking for a Visionary and Hands On Senior, Lead UI/UX Designer who will create a simple and amazing user experience for our data and services management platform. With a good understanding of the DDN complex products, the Lean Designer should translate their usability and DDN’s customer needs in UI requirements and conduct the developments to a finalized and stable solution.
The proposed Customer Experience will be expected to cover web and mobile solutions.
DDN Innovators come from diverse backgrounds and we consider them to be in the highest tier of technology game changers globally. They have created, architected and pioneered numerous advancements in data enabling technologies, and delivered ground breaking ideas which have shaped and transformed the storage industry.
What will you bring to the DDN Innovators…
- Technical leadership for the definition, design and implementation of world class data services platform UI/UX
- 10+ years design experience
- 5+ years of lead of design development in one or more areas of DDN’s focuses
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- A culture of innovative thinking and delivery
What have you achieved…
- Recognised experience leading designs for web-based products, applications and mobile applications
- Experience designing UI/UX solutions for storage or computation resources management a plus
- Directly implicated in exploring and developing new digital interfaces and technologies
- Recognition as leader with ability to build strong working relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ensure efficient operation and success
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions with hands on experience with interaction design, visual design and usability testing
- Ability to both operate independently as well as part of a larger team
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams will be helpful
- Ability to assess, prioritize, and make trade-offs against business, technical and user constraints
- Deep understanding of Agile UX / Design Thinking (ideation, prototyping, testing, design frameworks and concept visualization)
- You are a great communicator (verbal, written, and visual) who has the ability to influence and build consensus
- BA/BS or MA/MS in a Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Information Science, Interactive Design
What will you be doing
- Drive the overall design vision and conduct the development of our Data Services UI/UX solution
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design challenges and user scenarios
- Create storyboards, user flows, site maps and wireframes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Cross platform designing (Web, Android, iOS, Windows, MacOS).
- Make strategic decisions related to core, and new, functions and features based on testing and user experience best practices
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Participate in or conduct usability testing in various forms to test design ideas
- Within the Scrum model, participate in full product development lifecycle including planning, design, code, test, usability reviews, release and maintenance
- Train and mentor graphical designers to build quality products
- Articulate and present design decisions to internal stakeholders, elaborating on key design choices.
Start Date: ASAP