DDN Storage is the world leader in high performance and massively scalable data management and storage solutions that accelerate business results and scientific insights for data-centric organizations worldwide. Our unified, end-to-end platform uniquely addresses the tiered storage and large scale data management demands of mixed workloads, multiple collaborative data centers and Web and cloud environments. Across traditional and commercial high performance markets, customers rely on DDN Storage to solve the most demanding big data problems in industries such as cloud, online content and social networking, security and intelligence, life sciences, finance, energy and media production.
DDN’s Infinite Memory Engine (IME) is a scale-out, software-defined, flash storage platform that streamlines the data path for application I/O. IME interfaces directly to applications and secures I/O via a data path that eliminates file system bottlenecks.
DDN is looking for motivated and passionate individuals that are self-motivated in their work and careers but we are valuing and thriving in an environment where collaboration and teamwork are at best. We are all together on a quest to provide game changing storage solutions.
- Design and implement complex and critical distributed storage components including filesystem network protocols, storage optimization features and high availability services
- Drive design discussions, build prototypes and contribute to deliver high quality products
- Within the Scrum model, participate in full product development lifecycle including planning, design, code, test, usability reviews, release and maintenance
- Conduct code reviews and improve scalability, stability, reliability and performance of IME solutions
- Adopt Agile practices and support appropriate technical meetings/scrums and message progress/status/concerns
- Collaborate with your teammates and integrate a group of passionate developers in an outcome oriented environment
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of software development experience with filesystems, concurrency, multithreading, server architectures, and distributed systems
- Knowledge of filesystem and network protocols (such as NFS, TCP)
- Experience in developing and debugging in system level C/C++, particularly on Linux
- Experience in development of highly distributed, loaded and scalable systems which have been deployed and in use in enterprise production environments
- Very good written/verbal communication skills in English
- Minimum of BS or MS; computer engineering, computer science or related technical field.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a feature development team
- Experiences with Git, Gerrit and Jenkins and Agile software development tools and process are a plus
- Experience working on an Open source solution is a plus
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Paris, France