Architect, Distinguished Engineer and Technical leader
DDN’s Next Generation Data Services Platform is a game changing data management platform which will offer an intelligent resource management and orchestration layer, real time analytics capabilities, and an intuitive mobile-device-era user experience
We are looking for a Visionary and Hands On Senior, Lead Software Architect who will staff up an Engineering Team which will architect, design, build, manage and deliver all the external-facing components of this platform. This encompasses among other things, all the elements of SW responsible for Customer Experience and External 3rd Party SW Integration; from the UI, through the Automated Orchestration of DataServices including:
- Control API specification definition such that it supports UI, DDN Support, Orchestration and 3rd Party SW needs
- Web UI and REST interface – the customer graphical and scriptable interfaces into the data platform
- Policy driven Data Management
- The Support SW system which is on DDN premises (or hosted) and interacts with storage deployments performing analytics and providing value-added services to customers.
DDN Innovators come from diverse backgrounds and we consider them to be in the highest tier of technology game changers globally. They have created, architected and pioneered numerous advancements in data enabling technologies, and delivered ground breaking ideas which have shaped and transformed the storage industry.
What will you bring to the DDN Innovators…
- Technical leadership for the definition, design and implementation of world class data services platform suites for cloud or on premises services
- 10+ years software development experience
- 5+ years of data management platform development in one or more areas of specialty
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- A culture of innovative thinking and delivery
What have you achieved…
- Directly provided technical leadership and delivered administration, orchestration and support solutions for data services platforms
- Directly implicated in exploring and developing new digital interfaces and technologies
- Recognition as leader with ability to build strong working relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ensure efficient operation and success
- You are a great communicator (verbal, written, and visual) who has the ability to influence and build consensus
- BA/BS or MA/MS in a design field
What will you be doing
- Drive the overall vision, architect/design and conduct the development of our Data Services Platform
- Own the technical activities for your team, set priorities, remove impediments, and help your organization operate efficiently and reach its full potential.
- Train and mentor software engineers and graphical designers to build quality products
- Within the Scrum model, participate in full product development lifecycle including planning, design, code, test, usability reviews, release and maintenance
- Promoting design across the broader professional and academic design community.
Start Date: ASAP