We are currently seeking a Manager/Director, WW Technical Pre-Sales.
We are seeking a strong Manager or Director, WW Technical Pre-Sales to manage the global Pre- Sales Engineers and assist in performing pre-sales activities. The ideal candidate will have great presentation skills, knowledge of the storage industry. This position provides WW direction for the team and will assist with Technical support to Sales Reps. The candidate will provide written reports to executives on status and issues within the business sector. The role includes providing installation and training to customers on DDN solutions when required. The candidate should have the ability to travel internationally. Additional responsibilities include mentoring SEs in the Pre-Sales team, designing services and product offerings to support the building DDN's Services. This hire will manage and assist Pre-Sales as well as Professional Service teams Globally
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Pre-sales activity.
- Assist in closing new business opportunities by gaining a thorough technical and business understanding of clients' needs and helping sales qualify, identify, and close new opportunities.
- Understand the sales process and how to utilize company resources to close accounts.
- Participate in customer-focused seminars, tradeshows, events, and training.
- Provide RFP responses, technical drawings, presentations, and recommendations.
- Acquire and maintain a thorough technical and procedural understanding of DDN Sales cycles, products/services and a thorough technical understanding of like industries.
- Develop a substantial knowledge of the company's SAN appliances product line.
- Develop innovative solutions to customers' business needs. Installation status reports.
- Assist DataDirect sales representatives in qualifying potential customer deals.
- Create of Bill of Materials (BOMS) of proposed customer solutions’ for submission to Inside Sales for quoting.
- Weekly status report of activities to Director.
- Ability to manage customer relationship post-sale, including strategy to close repeat business.
- Build and implement professional services solutions around DDN product offerings.
- Expand professional services offerings outside of DDN product offerings, helping to develop products, process and procedures to facilitate engagements.
- Create blue print solutions for implementation within the DDN sales offerings. Mentoring of SE's.
- Qualifications for this role are:
- Great people skills and be a great presenter.
- Know of the storage industry and solutions as must.
- Strong background in CDN workflow and deep archive storage.
- Experience in WEB 1.0 and 2.0 from conception to deployment.
- 5-7 Years experience in Operating systems debugging Linux and Windows Environments.
- Red Hat, SUSE, Windows XP, Server, 2000, 2003 and 2008. Scripting (Shell), C++, Java, Perl.
- Strong knowledge in file system deployment and concepts: XFS, ZFS, EXT3/4.
- Experience in clustering packages, SNFS, GPFS, Red Hat Clustering, Lustre.
- 5-7 years experience in SAN and NAS RAID Appliance is required. BS or work equivalent in Computer Information Systems.
- Deep knowledge of networking concepts is required; NAS protocol levels (CIFS, NFS, SMB, etc...) and ability to integrate and trouble shoot at all layers of OSI model. Specifically the Network and Data link layers as well as Session and Application.
- Ability to Multitask and develop innovative solutions for client needs.
- Requires the ability to listen, understand and articulate the customer's needs and how to solve it.
- Dynamic team leader.
- Relationship building and people skills are very important.